Monday 26 November 2007

Interlude

We interrupt this consideration of fantastic ski resorts around the world to bring you the following! :)

People are too rich. That’s my opinion. You should not be able to afford these hotels. But if you CAN...

I mean, wow. These hotels are nicer than my home, or the home of anyone I know. If you’re filthy rich and looking for a vacation, this is the way to go!

Hotels are always interesting places, though. I haven’t stayed in a lot of really upscale hotels (although I did stay at the Century Hyatt in Tokyo... it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. Nice, sure, but not worth the hype). Sometimes I think it’s better to stay in places with character. Of course, by character I don’t necessarily mean cockroaches. I would actually prefer a cockroach-free environment.

I’m reminded of a friend of mine, who tells a story about traveling to Cuba and finding a huge cockroach in her room. She called the desk to complain and they hung up on her.

I feel VERY privileged to live without cockroaches.

This has become rather stream of consciousness, but that’s okay. I think the fun part of travel is rambling on about it later. Back to these hotels, though -- when I saw them, I just couldn’t resist bringing them to your attention. I mean, they have style AND character. What more could you want?

Aside from a couple thousand bucks in your pocket, that is...

No comments: